CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Serious Disappointment

I love Kopp's. However, I have been very good about not going there. I think I have been there maybe 5 times since last July. And three of those were when Nate's parents were visiting last summer.

I had been waiting for months - literally, approximately 7 months to try the chocolate peanut butter chocolate custard. Without fail, every month when the new monthly schedule comes out, we haven't been in Milwaukee. It was quite frustrating. The description said something along the lines of "Exceptionally peanut buttery, Extraordinarily Chocolately." What could possibly be wrong with that? That sounds like a little scoop of heaven!

I marked it on my planner for yesterday. Literally. Then after dinner, around 9:30, Nate reminded me that I hadn't gone to Kopp's yet. Shoot! Well, I went. Yep, at 9:30. The result? I can't believe how disappointed I was.

I am a girl that could live on chocolate. I'd have no problems with that - no exaggeration. This, however, was, dare I say, too chocolatey. I didn't think such a problem existed. The worst part? It is not peanut buttery. It is peanuty. Now for normal people I am sure this wouldn't be a problem. But for the girl that loves peanut butter but hates peanuts, we had a serious issue here. There were literally full peanuts in this custard. And lots of them.

This should be good reason to not go back for awhile. But I admit, if I get my 4 workouts in this week, there's a scoop of Orange Dream calling my name next week (and I've had it before, so there shouldn't be any surprises!)

2 comments:

Farrah said...

I've lived in Milwaukee my whole life, but I've never developed a taste for custard. It's too rich and melty for me. But, I love ice cream! I eat it almost every day!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Kopp's.

I've never been to Saz's.

It sounds like I'm totally missing out!