First, I will state that I believe every girl has some form of weight issues. And if you don't, consider yourself lucky. Very lucky.
I am two pounds away from reaching the weight I've previously designated as my "Holy Shit" weight. This is the weight where, if ever reached, I was officially very uncomfortable with myself. It was set years ago based on my height and what I feel comfortable at.
As a simple girl, this news can be startling. As a recovering anorexic, this news is absolutely mortifying. It was a wake-up call to see the laziness that has taken over me this summer. I now have a plan. Again. I'm very good at making awesome plans and not doing anything with them.
Nate and I are both unhappy with how sluggish we've become. We're both generally pretty active people. Last summer you could hardly get us off our bikes. This year I've maybe ridden 6 times. I don't know why. It certainly isn't lack of motivation, I have some "skinny" (healthy, skinny) pictures in my planner for motivation as well as a picture of where I'm at now. Trust me, that should be enough. It's more the fact that in the past I was able to lose it just by watching what I eat. I never had to work out. Damn metabolism. Again, I'm feeling old.
Back to this plan. Because we're on completely different fitness levels, Nate and I don't work out together. It wouldn't be fair to me if we did - he's a former college athlete, I'm far from it. He has chicken legs made of all muscle, I, well, I don't. We have agreed that each us of need to work out at least 4 times per week - 3 of which need to be cardio. The following week we will go to Kopp's (I know, I know - just for one scoop). Whoever did their workouts gets the scoop of frozen custard. If both of us kept to our plan, awesome - we both get to enjoy custard. If only one did, well, that really sucks for the one who didn't, for they get to sit and watch the other person enjoy their frozen treat. I love Kopp's. Maybe this is the little push I need, plus knowing I have to "report" back to him what I've done for workouts.
So, I will be tracking what I do on here, making myself accountable to all. This afternoon when I get home I have a bike ride scheduled (yes, seriously - it's written in my planner right after turning the crock pot on). It's not going to be anything impressive, particularly compared to Krista's rides and such - I am riding a hybrid bike (and, well, I'm out of shape). Now here's to me following through with it!
Please feel free to give me a hard time if I'm not reaching my goals. Maybe you making me feel bad about myself will contribute some toward me not feeling so bad about myself (got that?)
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you! I'd be all over that, if for no other reason than the ice cream!
Unfortunately, I treat myself to ice cream for doing absolutely nothing. Which is precisely the reason I'll never reach my goal weight.
I admire people who choose exercise AND diet as part of their weight-loss plan, instead of just cutting out crappy food. We can all lose weight by eating greens and skipping breakfast, but try to lift 30 pounds or run around the block and it's another story.
Exercise makes me feel awesome, even though I don't drop a pound of weight doing so. It's all mental. And if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.
Ew, I totally feel like an infomercial. Point is - good job!
Good luck!
I left my scale when I moved, so I have no idea what I weigh now - but I have a feeling I've lost some already, just in the few days of couch to 5k and not eating ANY fast food in almost a month.
Make sure you still eat enough food (and good food)! Custard sounds like delicious motivation.
I have a VERY narrow weight range that I feel comfortable with. I need to gain weight, but I don't ever seem to be able to no matter how much I eat or how much muscle I gain. It is every bit as frustrating as someone who can't lose a pound. I've been about the same weight for almost 10 years, and I'm generally healthy, so I think it would be better to just accept that this is the weight my body is supposed to be, whether I like it or not. Constantly fighting it can't be healthy!
Post a Comment