So I went on a bike ride this afternoon. 13.3 miles, to be exact. Considering the previous rides I've been taking lately have been approximately 7.2 miles, that's quite an increase. Some observations:
* I'm out of shape.
* People need to learn bike path etiquette. Jerks.
* When you stop with 4 miles to go for a quick rest and dream about having custard this evening, those 4 miles will feel like 8.
* I let out a scream of "You have GOT to be kidding!" when, with about a mile to go (and still having visions of custard), I hear the ice cream truck. Son of a...
* Living on the top floor of a house is brutal when your legs shake with every last step.
The best one of all?
* I did it. I thought I was going to die at least twice (due partly to the idiots with no bike path etiquette and partly to being out of shape), but I pushed. Really hard. My arms were sore at the end, since I had lifted weights before my bike ride.
Average speed? 12.9 mph. Calories lost? 576. Booyah. Bring on the custard :)
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats! That is awesome! I don't even know if I still know how to ride a bike, lol.
I really need to start Couch to 5k again, especially since I'm signed up for race for the cure now!
Wooooo!
:) Good job!
woop woop.
Good job!!
Hey, how did you calculate how many calories you burned? Is there a formula I can use? I rode 10 miles on the bike at the gym last night in a half hour and the bike told me I only burned 110 calories :o(
Farrah - I track my eating and exercising on sparkpeople.com. It's completely free and awesome! Anyway - in their exercise section, I just entered that I rode my bike for 60 minutes and then selected the option for averaging 13.3 mph and it told me how many it was.
Interesting. It will give me something new to look at when I don't feel like working :o)
Post a Comment