... You take them both and then you have the facts of life.
So I'm officially 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Just a mere 27 days from my due date. There's a lot I'm loving, there are a few things I'm not loving so much. List time!
Loving (The Good):
* Feeling my little girl move around constantly. I really will miss that.
* The generosity of others. Seriously. Between my two sisters-in-law, wow. I don't know what to say. We now have a second bouncy seat (for one of the 4 floors in the house), a breast pump I didn't have to pay for (including a book about breastfeeding), so many little girl clothes, a BOB Stroller, a second Bumbo, etc. I really could go on and on, but seriously, I'm just blown away.
* Nate talking to my belly every night. He's so damn cute, and reminds me every single day why I married him. He tries not to act too excited (you know - must stay manly!), but he lets it show every night. Then we laugh when he realizes how strange it'll be when he accidentally talks to my belly after she's born. He's going to be an amazing dad, I just know it.
* My mom and her sewing skills! Wow. She's been a busy bee, sewing crib sheets, changing pad covers, pack-n-play sheets, blankets, knitting sweaters, etc. She has "proud grandma" written all over her face, and just picturing her holding our baby makes me tear up.
* All things baby! I know, I'm kind of annoying right now with how much I'm liking this process. Just being in her room makes me happy.
* Car seat inspection is done! Nate installed it the day before, and I took it to Children's Hospital yesterday for the inspection. I was worried about how it would fit in my little Corolla, but it worked out well. When Nate installed it, he was going to try using a combination of the two LATCH systems from the side seats, but used in the center seat. What do you expect - he's an engineer. Then I explained that if it's in the middle seat, it's done using the seat belt, not the LATCH system. So then he put it behind the passenger seat, using the LATCH. Which is fine, except that the passenger seat had to be pushed up quite a bit, and knowing that I'd be the person most frequently in that passenger seat, it was super uncomfy. So I took it to the inspection site, and they moved it to the middle for me. Which impacts neither of the front seats, amazingly enough. They did make sure to comment that Nate installed it perfectly behind the passenger seat, and he had it in there tighter and more secure than they had ever seen it. So kudos to him.
* I only have 5 more days of work left. Tomorrow, then every day next week but Wednesday. Holy crap.
Not Loving (The Bad):
* Waking up every single hour because I hurt somewhere. No exaggeration. I'm looking forward to getting one to two hours of sleep once she's here. It may not be the most restful sleep I'll ever have, but I won't be in a load of pain from it.
* The fact that I had to buy a few short sleeved t-shirts to make it to the end of the pregnancy. I have a boat load of sweaters and winter wear.
* The weight gain. I think I've done a pretty good job handling this mentally up until now. I officially weigh more than my husband, and I officially feel like more of a boat than a person.
* Cleaning, climbing stairs, doing anything physical, really. I'm just so uncomfortable. My lower back is killing me most of the time, every so often I get a sharp shooting pain from my sciatic nerve, my feet grew half a size I think.
* The uncertainty of how I'll be as a stay at home mom. This terrifies me more than anything. I'm excited and thankful that I have this opportunity, but feel like it's such a big thing to screw up. So there's definitely some fear there.
* While I'm discussing fear, the fear of the pain of childbirth. That's all I will say about that. I love being pregnant and I'm so excited to meet my daughter, but the process of getting there is a frightening one.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment