Wait, it's Thursday?
After my hours got cut at work and I started my new schedule that had me working 8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and gave me every! Wednesday! off!, I was thrilled with the prospect of what could be on those Wednesdays. I envisioned days of laying on the couch, enjoying the rare time that I get the house to myself, making elaborate dinners, maybe doing the grocery shopping, etc.
Reality? Wednesdays are insane! In an effort to not spend half of my weekend running errands, thus getting to spend more time with my husband, I seem to pack Wednesdays with everything I hope to get done for the week. With my baby shower on Saturday and having things to help finish before that, this week was no different. As a matter of fact, this week was ridiculous! Then there's the fact that having Wednesday off makes every Thursday feel like a Monday. And then I'm just, well, confused. Truly.
This week was no exception. I had what I thought was a reasonable to-do list for yesterday. We had our hospital tour in the morning, then I had an appointment for a hair cut and highlights, had to run downtown to drop a dress off at a friend's, then go to Target, Wal-Mart (just to pick up pictures - ugh), the grocery store, and swing by the mall to find a new shirt to wear to my shower on Saturday.
Looking at that now, I realize that's a ridiculous amount of stuff to try to get done in a reasonable day. The hospital tour made everything feel real, and I got pre-registered for my admission and everything. My hair appointment was a little over 2 hours, then the trip from where I was to downtown was 25 minutes, then I turned around and went back to where I started (not due to my poor planning, more due to my friend's work schedule and when I needed to get the dress to her), and did some shopping. And I'm proud to say that the only thing on my list that I did not do was go shopping for something to wear Saturday.
That lead to this morning, when I feel like I'm starting a new week. And I apparently either didn't set my alarm clock last night or turned it off in my sleep, because I woke up at 6:44 and I usually leave between 6:45 and 7:00. Oops. Thankfully due to said hair appointment yesterday, all I had to do was run a brush through my hair, get dressed, grab my make-up bag, brush my teeth and go. And I got here on time.
The good news is that the weekends really seem to sneak up on me when I think Thursday is Monday :)
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment