CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nesting

Even when I'm not pregnant, I love things organized. I am of the mindset that everything needs to have its place. My favorite store is The Container Store, and I absolutely adore the website See Jane Work. That's just me.

During this pregnancy, though, the energy just hasn't been there to expend on more organizing and cleaning. I barely do what I feel is adequate, between keeping the bathrooms clean, sweeping the hardwood floors, dusting, doing the dishes, etc. It just isn't as easy right now. Honestly? Some days it's just flat out impossible.

Then suddenly in the last week I've starting this "nesting" phase I've heard so much about. I have Wednesdays off of work (except this week - welcome to Orientation hell!), and when I woke up last Wednesday, the first thing I thought of was how it's the perfect day to scrub the refrigerator! And go through the condiments to make sure they're all well within their expiration date, etc. It was quite a project, but man was I proud when I finished. Then I promptly sank into my comfy chair and sat and did nothing.

Well last night it struck me again. Nate was at some event with work folks, and suddenly I thought it'd be a good time to clean out the linen closet. Our linen closet is a built-in, with three huge drawers on the bottom half. The bottom drawer has been, since we moved in, filled with my old cosmetics, hair stuff, more trial-sized products than one person ever needs, things of that nature. And it was packed. Well, last night I completely emptied it, organized the trial-sized bottles (5 mini cans of shave gel, if that gives you any idea of what we're looking at here), got rid of ALL of the make-up (seriously, it's been moving from home to home with me since we lived in Columbus - I'm guessing none of it is any good to use at this point anyway), and just purged. We had cold pills and OTC medications that expired in 2008. I had enough shampoo/conditioner (I rarely am able to completely finish a bottle before wanting to try another brand) to clean many folks' hair. And my word did the purging feel good! By the time I had finished, I had filled a tall kitchen trash bag as full as it could get. I could barely lift the thing, I couldn't believe it.

35 weeks, folks. 35 weeks.

No comments: