CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Showers and "Clutter"

So - that shower I was all nervous about? Completely unnecessary. It was fabulous. Great friends and family, SO much food, more generosity than I ever could have imagined, just an overall amazing day.

Some photos.
Opening one of many gifts:


My sister bought the cutest little outfits from Gymboree. So sweet.



More diapers! Seriously, a fabulous gift idea.



Looking at everything, thinking, "Holy shit."



The most delicious cake I've ever had. Seriously.



Nate stopped by the house at the end of the shower to thank everyone.



Posed pictures - we don't get many chances for things like this. First, with my mom, sister and niece.



And, of course, with just my sister.



Everyone left and I basically crashed. Except I had my other niece's birthday party that evening, and had about 20 minutes to relax before heading down the street. And I realized I had not yet made her a card, so I sat on the floor (BIG mistake!) and made a card. Then struggled to move. It was an awesome, incredibly long, night.

We were able to get everything carried up to Josie's room, and I spent most of the morning Sunday organizing things. It was a huge project, but the room went from this:



To this (yes, I really was able to organize everything into the closet):



And finally to this:



The high chair was the first thing Nate assembled (I didn't have the heart to tell him she won't use that for quite a few months yet), then I went to town one day and got the car seat, stroller, and bouncy seat ready. And I actually feel, well, almost ready. There are still some things to get, but we could get by right now.

I pointed out to Nate the other week that I'm just a little over two weeks from being full-term, that she really could come at any time. After his eyes popped out of his head, he started asking what he'd have to do or buy before we were really ready to bring her home. I mentioned that we still need to get the swing, but really, we're set. And that is a crazy feeling. The doctors say to start packing my hospital bag this week (the only thing holding me back is the fact that I need to go shopping to get nursing tanks and whatnot yet, and I'm really dragging my feet on that one), and we'll likely get the car seat installed in the next week or so.

So here I am, 35 weeks tomorrow. I'm big, uncomfortable, I lose my breath when I am sitting idly, I can literally feel her going up into my ribs, I wake up every 1.5 hours ON THE NOSE to pee every single night, and find regular, everyday things harder and harder to do.

I have to say, though, I've loved being pregnant. I am really going to miss being able to feel her move around inside my stomach, which I never thought I'd say. Things I'm looking forward to, other than the obvious of having a daughter? Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping in general (yes, I know - I'll be awake all the time again. But you know what? When I DO get to sleep, it'll be comfortably and not in constant pain), not working anymore (OMG 11 more days of work left!!!), someday getting to wear my regular clothes, etc. Very exciting stuff :)

No comments: