I got home from my impromptu doctor's appointment yesterday, and upon pulling in the driveway I saw a box on our front porch. A delivery! I've been doing more and more online shopping lately (baby stuff! so many options online!), so I wasn't sure exactly what it would be. I was so excited to find it was the baby book I had ordered!
I've been looking everywhere for the PERFECT baby book. As you could probably guess from the nursery decor, I didn't really want something traditional. I thought of making one, but with this being the first child, knew for sure there would be things I forget to include.
I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found Ruby*Love's website. This is exactly what I was looking for! I ended up deciding on the solid Hot Pink book, and also bought the Pregnancy Pack of pages to go with it. At some point I may decide to buy the Year 2 pack, as well (actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I should). And the best part is that I can incorporate some of my individual things into it by creating some small scrapbook pages with photos and whatnot for that first year.
I spent the bulk of the evening filling out everything I possibly could at this point, which was quite a bit! I did have to laugh when I got to the page about the baby's parents. It asked for Full names, nicknames, ages at date of birth (I had to leave mine blank since the due date is so close!). Then it goes on to list some "favorites" about each parent. For the mom it's favorite books/magazines, TV shows and movies, fashion trends, and hobbies. For the dad it's favorite books/magazines, TV shows and movies, sports teams, and hobbies. I just stared at that. I don't have any favorite fashion trends. I asked Nate if I should put "jeans and a t-shirt" or put a line through the "fashion trends" and write "sports teams." So now baby knows that her mom thinks more highly of sports than fashion. Just the way it should be.
I also may have bought myself a Shamrock Shake yesterday to make my day a little better. And boy did it do the trick. Then my evening finished by feeling the little one kick, punch and go crazy for a good 30+ minutes straight. I appreciate the reassurance that you're doing well, sweetie. Now go to bed.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment