CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 01, 2010

Ugh. I'm THAT GIRL

The scene: I'm sitting at my desk after finishing lunch, enjoying my last 15 minutes of freedom before going back to appointments one after another. I stand up, get ready for yet another trip to the bathroom, and feel a really sharp pain in my lower stomach. It's still there 15 minutes later, and yet 15 minutes after that. And whenever I stood, I felt weak.

Hmm... this feels different than anything I've experienced so far, and I'm not sure if it feels "right" since it's been hurting for half an hour.

I call the doctor's office. For only the second time during my pregnancy (the first being before my first appointment, to find out what cold medicine I could take). A nurse calls me back immediately and wants me to come in for "monitoring" to make sure everything's okay with the little one.

I work about 50 minutes from my hospital (and from my house), so that gave me way too much time to think about what could be happening. And you all know me - I worry, I get myself worked up, it's not a good situation.

I let Nate know I'm on my way to the doctor and that I'd call if he needed to head there himself (lucky him, he works about 5 minutes away from the hospital where the doctor is located). I consider calling my mom but know she'd be in the car immediately, silly or not.

I get there, answer all the questions, and hear a response that, without meaning to, makes me feel like an idiot. Braxton Hicks. I've felt Braxton Hicks before, but this was a really sharp pain. And my lower back kept having pains, also. She pulls the doppler out to try to find her heartbeat, and there it is, nice and strong. Brought me to tears (I hadn't felt her move today, which I overanalyzed and then started freaking out). Happy tears. Her heartbeat about almost 20 bpm higher than usual, which just made the nurse say, "She knows mommy's worried about her and wants to show how strong she is" (obviously her heartbeat was still within normal range). I just layed there with a stupid grin on my face, crying. God, I love this little girl so much already.

Had my first internal, everything's fine. I was ordered to go home, keep drinking a lot of water, and lay on my left side for a little while. And God love the nurse for assuring me that I did the right thing by calling.

I'll be 33 weeks on Wednesday, and everything looks great.

No comments: