First, I am officially full-term as of yesterday (37 weeks). And looking it:

I had the opportunity to go to the Cavs/Bucks game last night with my mother-in-law. She purchased two single seats, so we both went to our seats at the beginning then changed seats halfway through. I feel badly; she definitely got the short end of the stick. The first half I spent in th VIP Club section, which gave me free access to all the food and drink I could ever want. Fancy food, regular arena food, an ice cream sundae bar, and a fully stocked bar. Man. 9 months ago I would have been trashed by half, that's for sure!
We had dinner before, so I didn't go crazy with the food, but I definitely built myself a nice big ice cream sundae with hot fudge, caramel, sprinkles and lots of whippped cream. It was delicious.
View from this seat:
I met up with her at half and gave her my review. The good news is that they were good seats. The potential bad news was that when I entered the VIP area, they initialed the ticket and stamped my hand. So since the ticket was already initialed, I didn't think she'd be able to get in without the hand stamp. And I was right. She was okay with it, though.
The second half I spent in a seat just 14 rows from the floor. Holy crap. This was my first real chance to get a good idea of just how big those guys were. And fast. And powerful. Wow. It ended up being a much closer game than it should have been (for crying out loud, Milwaukee was 16.5 games behind us going into this game - it should not have been close at all), so I was right in the heart of the celebrating at the end. View from this seat:
And, of course, Lebron:
And lastly, I have just a little over one full day of work left. For, well, years, probably. This is a completely foreign concept to me still, and while I'm excited to not be commuting one hour each way anymore, I also acknowledge that I'm nowhere near wrapping my mind around the change I'm about to go through.
No comments:
Post a Comment