Every day more strange thoughts enter my head than one would ever imagine. Today, I'll try to list those things, and by all means - if you can answer one of these thoughts for me, I'd love you.
1. WI is a strange state because, among many other reasons, it does not require students that graduate from Law School in WI (so basically UW and Marquette) to take the bar exam. That's stupid in itself, but it goes on.
So I'm at the bookstore perusing the new graduate school rankings. On the law school page it breaks down information such as racial diversity, gender, and what percentage of graduates pass the bar exam for the state the school is in. Both UW and Marquette listed a 100% passing rate. Is that fair? That seems completely misleading to me, and it's a totally bogus answer. Yet another strike against WI for me.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am 100% in agreement with you. I don't like the diploma privilege (as I'm sure you're aware), but listing the 100% pass rate REALLY bugs me. I just sat through that freaking thing, so for those schools to claim that their students passed when they didn't even have to go through that hell....let's just say it makes me less than happy.
In the defense of a few UW law school grads...the diploma privilege is only if they have taken certain courses. I have actually heard of a few people who had to take the bar because they weren't "together" enough to take those classes. True story.
Post a Comment