I thought I'd be a good wife, so I stopped by the Shorewood Pick n Save on my way home from work to pick up, well, a lot of things. To actually make real dinners with. That's right.
It was your normal trip to the grocery store, but when I was in line I noticed the lady behind me staring at something. I glanced over in the direction that her eyes seemed to be focused on, and saw a really large man. My first thought was yes, he's rather big, but really - do you need to stare like that?
Then I see beyond the big man, to the two police officers with the woman in handcuffs. Action! They're looking through a bag she was carrying, and emptied the contents of the bag to take inventory. What was she hiding? Oh you know, not much - just 6 very large bottles of Absolut Vodka that she had apparently just attempted to shoplift.
Clearly she isn't preparing for a party and lacking on funds, or else there would have been a variety of liquor (at least one would hope). I had a whole slew of thoughts go through my head. I wonder if she's an alcoholic. But she looks so normal - cuz, you know, apparently alcoholics look differently? I didn't say my thoughts were rational.
At any rate, it was the most action I had seen since moving to Shorewood.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Shorewood is baaaaaaaaad aaaaasssssssss. That makes you bad ass too, FYI.
I always miss the exciting stuff at Pick n Save.
I had an exciting time at my P&S yesterday too! I stopped on my way home from work, only to find it closed due to a power outage. Then I had to navigate the rush-hour-busy streets without traffic lights to get to another P&S because of course I didn't go on Tuesday when I was supposed to and was now really out of food.
Okay, there is TOTALLY a pug up there...I see it. And I'm in love.
Oh, and hi Sara =)
I love watching people get cuffed and stuffed.
What'd you make for dinner?
This was the first time I had seen someone get arrested. It was fun, but slightly sad.
I am, of course, not counting drunk students being put in the paddy-wagon in college.
Kristie, I just made pasta. Nothing special, but I do make my own pasta sauce from a recipe in Nate's family.
I don't have a PnS story to share...I just came here to tell you I bought Feist today (Target $9.99 yeah!) and I love it!
Post a Comment