...and what a wonderful weekend it was. I promise to come back later today to post pictures, but this will have to do for now.
First, I spent all day Thursday in Chicago visiting my friend Ann who was in town from Columbus visiting her sister. Ann, her daughter Rebecca, and I all met near the Sears Tower at 12:30 for a day of fun!
We took the El to Michigan Ave and headed to Millenium Park since they had not yet been there. Rebecca entertained herself for awhile by dancing and watching herself in the bean, which was very cute. Then we headed to Crown Fountain, where Rebecca took a leisurely stroll through the water. After she was finished we walked down to Grant Park to see Buckingham Fountain, which I had never seen before. Yay for seeing new things in Chicago!
Finally we hailed a cab and headed to the John Hancock building, where Ann and I enjoyed a yummy strawberry dacquiri. After some shopping on Michigan Ave and dinner at Giordano's, I took the train back to Milwaukee and was greeted by Nate and his parents.
I love when the in-laws visit, they are quite fun.
Friday we drove down to Marquette, parked the car, and walked the few blocks to the Pabst Mansion, which was something Nate and I always wanted to visit. I got some great photos from the outside, but was not allowed to take any indoors. Let's just say that Mrs. Pabst had both a ground-floor parlor and a second-floor sitting room, which made me quite jealous.
First, I spent all day Thursday in Chicago visiting my friend Ann who was in town from Columbus visiting her sister. Ann, her daughter Rebecca, and I all met near the Sears Tower at 12:30 for a day of fun!
We took the El to Michigan Ave and headed to Millenium Park since they had not yet been there. Rebecca entertained herself for awhile by dancing and watching herself in the bean, which was very cute. Then we headed to Crown Fountain, where Rebecca took a leisurely stroll through the water. After she was finished we walked down to Grant Park to see Buckingham Fountain, which I had never seen before. Yay for seeing new things in Chicago!
Finally we hailed a cab and headed to the John Hancock building, where Ann and I enjoyed a yummy strawberry dacquiri. After some shopping on Michigan Ave and dinner at Giordano's, I took the train back to Milwaukee and was greeted by Nate and his parents.
I love when the in-laws visit, they are quite fun.
Friday we drove down to Marquette, parked the car, and walked the few blocks to the Pabst Mansion, which was something Nate and I always wanted to visit. I got some great photos from the outside, but was not allowed to take any indoors. Let's just say that Mrs. Pabst had both a ground-floor parlor and a second-floor sitting room, which made me quite jealous.
After finishing up at the Pabst Mansion, Nate and his parents asked that I give them a campus tour of Marquette. I was more than happy to oblige, and after walking all over campus for an hour in the 88 degree temperatures, we were thirsty and headed to the Old German Beer Hall for some beverages. It was time to unwind, so we headed home for what we started calling "Siesta Time" before heading to the Brit Inn for a light dinner. Afterall, we had to leave room for some Kopp's custard!
Saturday we started the day at the Milwaukee Public Market for some lunch and spent quite a bit of time walking around the Historic Third Ward, visiting antique shops and such. Another Siesta was needed before heading to dinner at Botanas, where we all literally stuffed ourselves on the best chips and salsa we had ever had. I wish I was kidding. Our dinners had not even been served and we were thinking about just asking them to box them up for us. We all pushed on, though, and had just a little bit of dinner. As much as we wanted to, there was no way we could have made it to Kopp's that night (though we were all sad to miss the flavor "Fat Boy," which seemed both appropriate and delicious).
Sunday was lounging day for the most part. Our weekend had been very, very active up until this point. Nate and his dad went on a bike ride in the morning, and while they were gone Nate's mom and I drove down to Alterra on the Lake and walked around Veteran's Park. We all met back at the house, showered, had lunch, and headed to the Art Museum to see the Pissarro exhibit, which was amazing. The Art Museum was particularly interesting this time because it was being set up for a wedding ceremony that, I can only imagine, would be an absolutely beautiful wedding. The chairs were gorgeous, and it was set up for 256 guests. Don't worry, I took pictures and will include one of this :)
Sunday was lounging day for the most part. Our weekend had been very, very active up until this point. Nate and his dad went on a bike ride in the morning, and while they were gone Nate's mom and I drove down to Alterra on the Lake and walked around Veteran's Park. We all met back at the house, showered, had lunch, and headed to the Art Museum to see the Pissarro exhibit, which was amazing. The Art Museum was particularly interesting this time because it was being set up for a wedding ceremony that, I can only imagine, would be an absolutely beautiful wedding. The chairs were gorgeous, and it was set up for 256 guests. Don't worry, I took pictures and will include one of this :)

Our last dinner was at a restaurant called Three Brothers, which Nate has wanted to go to since we first visited Milwaukee last April. We pass it every time we go to the airport, and it is quite a unique building and has a Schlitz sign. After some research we found out it is a Serbian restaurant, which made me nervous. I think this might have been the most fun meal we had all weekend. I had a burek, which can only be described as a huge pastry filled with cheese. Again, I have a picture. It was good, but way too large for any one person to finish. Up next? I head to Columbus for some quality sister time, which I am so so so excited for.
** All pictures from the parents' visit can be seen here **

1 comment:
Mmmm, I can never pass up a good chips and salsa joint. I will definitley have to head there, and SOON!
Post a Comment