CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 31, 2007

One More Week!



I had been planning to wait until after midnight to do this, but, well, I'm tired. And didn't think of the fact that I could have written it earlier, not posted it, and changed the time stamp. But whatever.

We're going on vacation in a week!

Ohio State is playing University of Washington in Seattle on September 15. We will never again travel across the country for less than 36 hours to watch a football game after the experience we had in January. We both really wanted to go to this game, though, so we made the decision to make a full vacation out of it.

We are renting a car and leaving Saturday morning on the 8th. Our rough itinerary (don't want to tell too much and bore you when I return!)

Saturday - drive to Chamberlain, SD (stop at Corn Palace on the way)

Sunday - drive across SD, seeing Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, Badlands, Needles Highway, and hike some mountain Nate read about. Head into Wyoming, where we'll see Devil's Tower and spend the night.

Monday - drive from Buffalo, WY to Bozeman, MT, stopping at Little Big Horn, Billings, etc.

Tuesday - head to Glacier National Park and stay there until late Wednesday evening

Wednesday - leave Glacier to spend the night in Spokane (nothing really planned here, just a mid-way from Glacier to Seattle)

Thursday - arrive in Seattle. Nate's brother Luke flies in to Seattle that evening.

Friday - Sight-see and go to the Mariners/Devil Rays game

Saturday - Football game!

Sunday - fly home

I have not had a real vacation in so long. I don't count the "trip" to Arizona, and prior to that, the last time Nate and I really went on a vacation together was in April 2004 when we went to Florida and stayed with my grandpa (again - I love him, but not really a true all-out "vacation").

I've never seen this area of the country. I've been basically everywhere else (not every state quite yet, but every "area,") so I am very excited to see everything we're going to see!

I'm sure I'll take WAY too many pictures and such, but that's part of vacation, right?

This isn't goodbye yet. I'll likely post once more this week before heading out, but thought I'd make everyone jealous real quick while I still could!

2 comments:

Badgergirl said...

Road trips are so much fun! Enjoy!

eviemarie said...

That sounds like fun!