I love my husband. Yes, I know - that goes without saying. But I particularly love him this evening.
I told him about the awful stench in my car. I came home from class (early - yay!), and he headed right outside to check it out. About 30 minutes later he came back inside. He informed me that the problem had been "taken care of." I then found out that the problem was the initial mouse that I saw was the mom. She had indeed built a nest in my dashboard behind the glove compartment, and there were 2 babies that had since passed on. In my car.
If you have a soft stomach, you may not want to read the next paragraph.
Nate informed me that they really found a very tight area to live, and it took dismantling my entire dashboard to find them. He was torn as to how to remove them, though, and the only thing he could come up with was using the vacuum cleaner hose. The worst part? One of them apparently got stuck (don't blame me - you were warned and kept reading), and he had to find a way to get it out. They've since been properly disposed of, and my car is back to its no mouse policy.
While he was doing this (or rather, after he told me the operation was successful), I realized how great it is to have such a handiman for a husband. He changes the oil in our cars. He fixes things on the car when they break (replaces brake pads, filters, all sorts of stuff). He can do plumbing, electricity, you name it. We will likely never have to call a professional handiman because he's pretty much able to fix anything.
Just one more trait to be thankful for. As some of you know, Dad says I got lucky marrying such a great guy (handiman, great with finances, very bright, etc). I say I had a tough screening process. Eh, maybe we're both right.
9 comments:
Eeew.
No one will actually stop reading there...it just made me MORE curious!
OMG, my husband so wouldn't do it. He'd make me take it by his Dad. And Jessie is right, no one will stop reading.
Ew. Just ew.
I'm glad you got your little mouse situation figured out, though.
Emily, I have to admit, if we lived closer to my parents than we do (500 miles), I likely would have just gone to dad because that's a REALLY gross job.
Nonetheless, he did it and he rocks.
I'm glad you got it all taken care of. I think that story is publication worthy :)
Are you freaking SERIOUS?!?!
Gah! Good thing you have the husband around to do stuff like that!
You need a cat! What an awesome hubby you have! Frank- not so much the handy man.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Yeah, OK. I'm a little late on this. That would make me gag.
Poor, little mousies. ;)
I hate it I hate it I hate it!!!
What a husband, to take care of it. Whew.
Post a Comment