CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Love Fall

I am already very very excited about the fall, and reading Erin's Blog this morning made me even more excited. Why? She mentioned "Hang on Sloopy" (the State song of Ohio, by the way), and I have had it in my head ever since - including the "O-H-I-O" chants in every single chorus.

With this excitement came one realization - college football starts THIS MONTH! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I know, I'm a bit of a tomboy. When a M*ch*g*n fans starts giving me a hard time I gently remind them that, well, here are the facts:
2001 (Jim Tressel's first year as head coach) - Buckeye victory (this was in M*ch*g*n, and I was there. Awesome game, Craig Krenzel's first start because Steve Bellisari was suspended for getting a DUI. Gotta love college).
2002 - Buckeye Victory
2003 - A "W" for the state up north
2004 - Buckeye Victory. This game was a class. M*ch*g*n was 9-1 entering the game, OSU was 6-4. The game was in Columbus. We won.
2005 -Buckeye Victory
2006 - Buckeye Victory. #1 vs #2. LOVE IT!

Anyway - getting off my soap box.

When we lived in Columbus we went to all the games. Now that we're 500 miles away, that's a little more difficult. We made it to a good amount last year but found that to be very expensive. This year, we're looking at the road games and currently have one trip scheduled and set - in Seattle. That's right, we're going to see the Buckeyes play University of Washington on 9/15. We're now talking about adding a trip to Minnesota to see our team play the Gophers (or as we call them, the Goophers) on 9/29. And we're likely to head home to Ohio for the OSU/Wisconsin game.

My August is filled with relatives visiting. My September is half-filled with Buckeye games. Nothing makes this girl happier (except, of course, that we're celebrating our 1-year anniversary right in the middle of it all).

Thank you to Erin for putting me in football mode. I've got my Buckeye playlist going strong on my iPod and am already cheering in my head.

I love this stuff.

6 comments:

Danica said...

You = me right now. I just got done saying (ok, I may have been screaming with pure giddiness!) IT'S ALMOST FALL!!! But of course I'm all about Wisconsin games.

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you were going to Seattle for the Marlins game...

As for me, I'll stay loyal to the big 12--CU to be specific.

Jess P said...

College football is my favorite time of year. Woohoo!

Erin said...

I don't like football, but I like going to football games ... Hm. Weird - but I love fall, too. And Ohio.

Elizabeth said...

Hey now, I'm all for you dogging on all of the other teams in the Big 10 but you better watch what you call my beloved Golden Gophers!although I did laugh about... goophers. I've honestly never heard that before.

Anonymous said...

I love football season too - I'm excited! I wish I had a college team I was into, but unfortunately I don't. I just half-assed root for the badgers with my fiance.