When did I become the girl whose life revolved around her wedding? Maybe it's because I'm not working for the first time in 5 years or so and I'm not used to having time on my hands. I have added so many things to this wedding, though, that I had never even heard of doing before visiting theknot.com (still keeping within a budget, of course) that have really kept me busy!
I've become a DIY wedding project girl. Don't like any invitations? That's okay, I'll make my own - why not, right? What a project! I love the end result and still can't believe I actually did it, but wow. I'm currently working on our programs, which has also been fun.
Nate has agreed to take dance lessons! I've found that I'm not much of a dancer unless it's choreographed. Maybe that's from so many years of taking dance lessons where I was told what to do - I don't know. Nate kidna has two left feet and not a real good sense of rhythm. God love him. I don't know if I was born with it or if I got it through dance/gymnastics or band or what, but my leg and/or fingers automatically move to the beat of whatever I'm listening to. Nate's move to whatever little beat is in his head. On our bike ride Saturday I was talking to the mom of a guy who is getting married this weekend. Both sets of parents and the bride/groom took dance lessons and had a blast! I casually mentioned it to Nate as something I'd like, NEVER thinking he'd even remotely agree to it, but last night he said, "So you wanted to take dance lssons or something, right?" Yep, I do. "Well go ahead and look into it - it'd be nice to not look like idiots during our first dance." Will do! Just the idea of it gets me excited :)
Aside from that, my whole day yesterday was devoted to preparing for the first time parents visit us. Nate's mom and dad are coming up for the weekend, which will be really nice. We realized how many things we should buy before then, though. Tea Pot, some food to make it look like we have some here, stuff they might like for breakfast or snacks, an A/C (FINALLY!), etc. I found it a little ironic that we bought this stuff to reassure them that we're doing well up here - when it's stuff we had gotten along without just fine up until now. I'm happy, though, because I've been in the sweltering heat during the days with no A/C and really look forward to that addition to our house. Extra food is always nice to have around (though too tempting when I'm trying to lose weight).
So I guess that's all for today. Not too much has changed. I should hear about those positions at Marquette in the near future to know whether or not my school is paid for (cross your fingers that it is!), I've joined a book club with other NE Ohio girls that are either recently married or planning their wedding now also, and that has been fun. I'm making the most of this time I have to focus on the wedding and relaxing, because school starts in one month. What an adjustment that'll be.... again.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment