CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm back!

I cannot believe it has been a month and a half since I last wrote. AHHH, I promise I will try to make sure that doesn't happen again. So much to share!

First, Nate's parent's visit... it was great! It was so nice to have a set of parents here, to see us living as adults away from home. They loved our place, and seemed very impressed with the city. We went to the art museum, took a trip to Cedarburg and Port Washington, and enjoyed spending time together. It was a very nice weekend.

That same week, after their visit, I was off to Ohio for my bridal shower. SO MUCH FUN! It was so nice to see everyone again. Some of Nate's family drove in from Youngstown, friends from Grange drove up from Columbus, Jenny came and brought her little girls, it was perfect. I was completely overwhelmed with the amount of gifts that were given - very generous friends! Lisa and Nicole had arranged it so that everyone brought recipes with them, and they were assembled into a nice book at the end of the shower. That was an awesome idea. I've always loved the idea of cooking but never really tried it. I seriously considered making macaroni and cheese cooking. It was sad (still is, a little). Since the shower, however, I have definitely branched out and tried new things! I now like rice, I can successfully make scrambled eggs thanks to my "Cooking Basics for Dummies" book from my future sister-in-law. Not only can I successfully make them, but I've done so twice and have eaten them both times, also! That's right, I ate scrambled eggs (those that really know me probably just fell off their chairs, so I'll give them a minute.....)

I have even made flank steak, which turned out wonderfully. I have also branched out in my baking and made Ginger Snaps two weekends in a row (Nate has LOVED that!) and peanut butter cookies this past weekend. Who knew cooking could be so much fun!

I enjoyed getting to spend so much time with my family and Nicole while I was home. It really made me homesick at first. I arrived in Ohio on the 3rd of August, surprised Nikki at her shower on the 4th (so much fun!), then spent time with my friends and family until Nate arrived on the 10th. My mom and I got so much wedding stuff taken care of that week. Nate and I got quite a bit taken care of that Friday, as well - we got our marriage license, bought our wedding rings (bling bling!), picked out tuxes, and tasted food for the reception - YUM! Then Saturday it was off to Nate's parents. I surprised myself by not crying when I left my parents. While I loved being "home," part of me was really looking forward to coming back home - to Milwaukee.

The visit with Nate's family was wonderful, as always. Sarah came up, Luke was there, I got to see Isaac/Elizabeth/Julia, it was fantastic. It was the first time we had seen Sarah since finding out she was pregnant, and we also recently found out that Elizabeth is pregnant, too! That's right - two more nieces and/or nephews will be coming in the same month! How FUN!

I stopped by University of Notre Dame on my way back to Milwaukee (I have to admit that when I first "published" this and re-read it, I noticed it said Columbus instead of Milwaukee - kinda funny). I was pretty disappointed, though realize that I had some pretty high expectations of it. Nate's grandma was right, though - Marquette is actually prettier.

The next big thing was that I started school last week. What a weird, great feeling. This is going to be a very difficult program, but it's so nice to be around other people - especially people that have an interest in the same field as I do. There is a LOT of reading, and some extensive writing that is due. I am proud to say, however, that I got a 90 on my first paper. That's right - maybe I CAN do this grad school thing!

Time to wrap this up, it's pretty long! We're putting the final touches on the wedding plans, waiting for the rest of the RSVPs (hint hint - hehe!), and making the most of the nice weather that we have while we have it. I have a feeling winter won't be quite as exciting. Nate is on a business trip right now (to fun IOWA - boy am I jealous - hahaha). I have a lofty goal of making his mom's pasta sauce tomorrow for dinner. Cross your fingers!

1 more month till I'm Mrs. Molnar. Weird, huh!?



Pictures, Top to Bottom: An artsy shot of Nate at the Art Museum; Me with Franklin friends - Lori, Nikki (very pregnant!), and Erica; Me with my mother and future mother-in-law; Me with Lisa and Nicole; me with my Grange friends - Ann, Bev, and Dawn (recently married Dawn - CONGRATS!!!!); Jenny with Jordyn and Katlyn; University of Notre Dame welcome sign

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sara - Loved it!!!! XX00- Tara