CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcome to my Blog!

I have been very bad about keeping in touch with everyone from back home. Since I have some time on my hands right now, I decided that I would satisfy everyone's curiosity of what we're up to in Milwaukee by doing a blog! Lucky You!

First, for those that don't know me well, a little about me...

My name is Sara (Say it with me, "Hello, Sara!") I'm from NE Ohio, where I lived for 19 years. I then moved to Columbus to attend college (OH!) and loved every minute I spent there! I met Nate at Ohio State, we dated briefly in 2000, broke up, and got back together January 2003. He proposed in September 2005, and we're getting married this October! We recently moved to Milwaukee for his job, and I will also start graduate school at Marquette this August. (It's taking me some time to adjust to the idea that my new school colors are Blue and Gold!!)

It's been a very busy, trying time, but we're really happy and both love Milwaukee! This really is a cool city. I've never been somewhere that has such a focus on physical fitness - everywhere you go there are people running, rollerblading, biking, playing soccer, etc. It's awesome! We live in a cute place about 4-5 blocks from Lake Michigan in the Village of Shorewood, which is similar to Upper Arlington in Columbus or Shaker Heights in Cleveland. It's so cute! We have become part of the group that enjoys riding bikes for fun, which is such a change of pace for me!

Aside from that, I'm just busy planning our wedding (No, Nate - they don't just plan themselves!) We're going to have a very pretty wedding (my opinion, of course!) in my hometown of Manchester, and I'm really looking forward to getting to see everyone that I so dearly miss!

We are currently just dealing with temperatures of 95 degrees and up. While I LOVE our house, I am really missing the A/C that we had in Columbus. I've never enjoyed a car ride to the grocery store so much!

I hope this allows me to keep in touch with everyone better, and pleas
e... post comments and have fun with it!

Here are some pictures from since we've moved to Milwaukee for you all to enjoy. They range from me and Nate at our first Brewers game to me with Lake Michigan (trying to show that Milwaukee really is a pretty place!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Milwaukee looks wonderful and I can't wait to come visit (get my room ready future son-in-law!)

Take care; love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Bob Uecker for me.

Anonymous said...

HEY THERE BUSTER!

I guess you went on a big trip:)
I miss you so much and can't wait for you to meet Katlyn!

Love you,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool blog. :) I'll be stopping back soon!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»