CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Nice Weekend.....

Nicole's visit has come and go. Just like that. We definitely strayed from the original plans, but had a good time nonetheless.

Friday we went to Chicago, as planned. We started at Navy Pier, walked Michigan Ave to the John Hancock Building where we enjoyed a yummy ($11.50) Strawberry Daquiri, continued along Michigan Ave (with a pit stop at the Hershey store, of course!), and made our way to Millenium Park. I have no idea how I had gone to Chicago so many times and not gone to Millenium Park. I could spend a day at the bean. Seriously. Coolest thing I had ever seen.

We got back to Milwaukee and went to the Brit Inn for dinner, which was, as always, delicious.

We were pretty lazy Saturday. We enjoyed lunch at Kopp's (yum), then I gave Nicole the driving tour of Milwaukee. We drove out to Miller Park, along Miller brewery, downtown, Marquette, etc. It was a really nice time. We came home and had changed our plans of heading to Cedarburg. We had also discussed heading down to North Ave for some drinking, but after the drinking on Friday night I wasn't sure my body could handle it again (I'm old. I know.). It was around 5:00 p.m. and Nate had not yet removed his body from the couch, so it looked like getting him to become excited about something would be near impossible. So - we went to see a movie. I know, it may sound lame. But, Nate and I have only gone to the movies twice since meeting January 15, 2000. Yep, twice - and the two movies were within a month of each other. The only time I get to go to the theater is if I go alone (which I did once last summer), I go with my mom or sister, or I go with Nicole. We saw Knocked Up, which was hysterical. We then headed back to our homebase, relaxed, and went to sleep.

After another slow start Sunday, Nicole packed her stuff up and we spent the afternoon in Port Washington. The timing was perfect, so I took her straight to the airport, came home, and basically sat in my chair doing nothing but reading the rest of the day. It was wonderful.

This week brings more fun. Nate's department at work leaves early every year for the first day of Summerfest, so we're heading down there on Thursday around noon. Friday afternoon I am meeting some friends from grad school for lunch, which I am very excited about, then Saturday is Nate's birthday - I have no idea what we will be doing, I should probably come up with something!

I will be back to post pictures from my and Nicole's day in Chicago later this afternoon!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Glad you enjoyed the QT with your BFF. :)

Farrah said...

Congrats on seeing a movie in a theatre alone! It's on my list of things to do, and I'm working my way up to it. It took me a long time to even watch a video by myself, but now I do it all the time.

Sara said...

Farrah -

I recommend going on a weekday for a matinee for the first one. It was a little intimidating, but very refreshing!

Farrah said...

I've been to the zoo and mini golfing alone. Mini golfing was odd, but I really wanted to go, and nobody wanted to go with me, so I went by myself. Afterwards, I drove to Walgreens and sat in my hot car eating a melty ice cream sandwich. I'll always remember it!

If you ever want to catch a movie, let me know! I'd like to go to one of the smaller theatres like The Rosebud or The Times someday.

Ooh, and I also wanted to tell you, I read your profile and I make cards too! Isn't it fun? I haven't gotten into scrapbooking yet though.