CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Four Years


I wasn't going to write a post about celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. I feel as though it's all been said before.


Yep, I'm still happy.


Yep, I married my best friend.


Yep, I look forward to growing old together.


See? It's all been said. And then we got home from our dinner out (first date since the baby was born! w00t!), and when I walked in the kitchen and saw my mom holding said baby, I have to admit, my first thought was, "Wait a minute - you said 45 minutes ago that she was asleep."


And then, and then it hit me. I was so glad she wasn't asleep, because I got to see her before she went to bed for the night. And I was so excited to see her, our almost- 6 month-old little girl.


I took her upstairs to her room, sat in the rocking chair and read Little Green and Belly Button Book. And then, while feeding her, I just felt different. So happy. Completely content with my life. Shortly after, Nathan came in to say good night to Josie. As he kneeled next to the rocker, one hand on my hand and the other on Josie, saying good night to her, I felt my eyes fill with water.


I got sappy. I was so overcome with happiness - with love - in that moment that there are no words to express how I felt. In hindsight, I wish I could have a physical picture of what took place. Because that picture, and that picture alone, would be able to take me to my happy place when needed.


No comments: