CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why I Find Women Annoying

Seriously. Why is it when women talk, everything is a competition? Or the original person only asks a question so that when the respondent is done answering, they can talk about themselves?

My friend, L, recently got engaged and changed her status on Facebook. You know, making it official. Within a few minutes, one of her friends on Facebook, A, started asking her questions. And, like a typical conversation with a woman, it turned into being all about HER. It's amazing how people can do this and not feel like all they do is talk about themselves. Seriously - this is word-for-word off my friend's wall.

A: When's the wedding? My wedding anniversary is February 13th.

L: November 20th. I see no reason to wait around :)

A: Neat. I just saw that xyz had 4 winter weddings to go to and was curious if yours was one closer to February. It's a good time to have an anniversary because it's tax return time. M and I got married right before I left for basic training... and the judge performed the ceremony right next to the women's bathroom. Memories. Ha.

L: We're having his cousin perform the ceremony. We'll get him ordained online :) Not sure where yet, though.

A: B was thinking of having me perform the ceremony when she got married. I didn't really jump on the idea. I do wish I had been more assertive about what I wanted when I got married. I think I was so deliriously happy about the idea that I didn't pay attention to details like: choosing a pretty place to get married, forcing somebody to take more pictures of the two of us, putting table cloths on the tables at the reception, etc. It actually drives me a little crazy to think about it. So I'm going to stop.

L: There's a strong possibility we'll be serving Chinese food at our reception.

A: Awesome. My mom just sort of said, "I can make BBQ." So she went ahead and made it. We had the reception at the hotel M and I worked for at the time. Then we all changed into swimsuits and sat in the hot tub and talked.

A: www.xyz.com Here's the video if you want to watch it.

Okay. First of all, no congrats? The girl just got engaged. You find out she's getting married in less than two months and say "Neat"? And you essentially only ask because you want to know if she's getting married near your anniversary, which is a great time of year because of tax returns? So many different things here make my head hurt, most of which is the need to only talk about yourself on someone else's post when you SHOULD be congratulating her on her recent engagement.

I've noticed this since becoming a mom, too. I'm apparently a horrible mom because I: don't breastfeed, don't cloth diaper, don't make my own baby food, don't co-sleep, and used the Cry-it-Out method to sleep train my child (at an appropriate age, of course). Your baby isn't sitting up by 6 months? What's wrong with him/her? Not rolling over? It's so frustrating. Babies will develop at their own pace. It often has nothing to do with the parenting at all, so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for your child's accomplishments.

Every day I'm reminded why I hung out mostly with guys in college. They're a lot more fun, and a lot less self-absorbed.




No comments: