Here's my baby, through the weeks.









10 weeks. How is that possible?
There were things that, before having a baby of my own, I swore I'd do or not do. The first is that she'd sleep in the crib from day 1. That did not work at all for us. That first night home was a total nightmare, and we were in do-whatever-it-takes mode to get her to sleep. Unfortunately, the only way that she would sleep is on my chest. And dammit, I refused to let her sleep in our bed. That was a line I wouldn't cross. So instead, I bit the bullet and slept in my recliner for more than 2 months, with her on my chest. It was as awesome as it sounds.
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVED having her on my chest like that, all snuggly. But to not sleep in my bed for so long really took a toll on me.
It was a big weekend in our house. I had been working on her during the day and got her to start sleeping in her crib. The only way to do so was to let her sleep on her stomach (yes, I know - SIDS. A LOT of evaluating went on and talks with the doctor, and it's what we decided was best for us.). Anyhoo. Friday night went well - she slept in the crib from 11-3 then 3:30-7.
Saturday was blazing hot, reaching the mid-90s, and we don't have central air. So Nate put the window unit in our bedroom, we moved the pack-n-play in there, and we all slept in our room (SO close to crossing the line, but she was in her own bed!). What's more, she slept for 10 hours straight. And did it again last night. She's officially no longer sleeping on me.
See?
In the last 10 weeks I've taken more pictures than I ever thought possible. And I've certainly not let myself be stuck in the house.
We got on walks (and to parades), we go to Akron, I took her to her first baseball game, she and I made a trip to Columbus, and in August we're going to Milwaukee!
In summary? Things are different, but couldn't be better. I'm more in love than I thought was possible, and every day is better than the day before.
I am going to try to get back on the blogging horse, but have to be honest. I have no idea how moms find the time to do this, even with staying at home during the day. My days are so busy every day that I rarely remember to eat lunch, let alone write a new blog post. But I'll try to do better.
No comments:
Post a Comment