CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project: Nursery

Well, it's just about done. Not completely, as we don't have the glider yet, but we're working on the fabric for that and it'll come with time. And in less than two months (you hear that, Josie? You really need to come before April 27th, mmmkay?), there will be a baby sleeping in this room. Hopefully peacefully.

So, without further adieu, here it is!

The view from the door:

Looking from the closet to the wall that cannot be seen in the picture above. The dresser is my old dresser from college and needs to go. But, that'll be done with time. Definitely not high on the priority list.

And the view looking from the crib to the wall opposite this one. The glider will likely go where the changing table is right now, and then the changing table will go where the dresser is in the picture above. Trying to figure out a way to make better use of the closet to possibly not need the dresser.

That's my favorite part of the room, actually. The frames on the wall display family members - as you can [maybe] see, the center one needs some work being filled in! The two on the sides, though, include all of Josie's cousins, and there's an empty spot on the bottom right for her photo once she arrives. The center frame had the perfect number of spots in it - enough for me and Nate, my parents, Nate's parents, and in the column on the right and left will be my siblings and grandpa and Nate's siblings and grandparents. I absolutely adore it, and smile every time I look at it.

A close-up of the bedding:

And the rug, which I absolutely love:


I guess that's about it for the nursery. Now I need your help (though it is nursery related, so I guess that's not it).

The closet in this room sucks. You open up the door and see this:

Off to the right are some shelves, which is fine and will be useful. You then turn immediately to the left and the closet is really deep - but it's really difficult to get back into that area back there with the way this thing is designed. So when you look to the left, here is what it looks like:

There is a second bar behind the first one (with all the cute baby clothes hanging! Squee!). My first instinct was this would be a great place to put the dresser - somewhere between the two bars. But then I'm also thinking how back in the back will be an awesome place to keep boxes of diapers and stuff like that. So I REALLY don't know what to do! And while I generally love organizing closets and coming up with good ways to use the space, I am hating it with this closet. Any suggestions?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the rug!